Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hosting exceed iNodes limit

Every hosting has their fair policy for their package, including my hosting compant Byethost.com. The problem was rais by each of client, one was said to have problem accessing or receiving email, other client could get into his Joomla administrator, and the most critical was also their form reservation was not working, and the error message was Invalid Session, this mean there's no space to generate temporary file.

A ticket support to Byet sent!, and a socking fact that I have exceed the file limit (inodes) which is suprising because I never install anything that can produce such massive files.

After 2 days of research on which part of my files contain those massive files, this turn out that one of the FTP file I trust was abuse by clients.

To know where they are all located, in Cpanel, you need to go to menu "Disk space usage" which will show you what folder contain huge files and in what size (as shown in the pic below).



Delete the file simply go to file manager and delete folder(files), you don't want to delete it manually via FTP client right? :D

Sharing this to the world means a lot to me as support wasn't really supporting me, I clean up the mess by my self. I hope you will not find the same problem.

1 comment:

Eddi K said...

Latest discovered that this mean your server is being infected by virus that able to modify your index.php and create a hidden folder called .log and create massive files inside, go check your index and find it at the very bottom after closing html, the virus actualy infected your PC and use your FTP client to change your index file and upload it to the server it self.